Managing your Tenancy
- Information Session
This workshop is designed to improve individuals awareness, understanding and knowledge of Tenancy Sustainment which may affect individuals who are homeless or may be a risk of homelessness.
This course is aimed at:
- Individuals new to their tenancy.
- Individuals waiting to be housed.
- Individuals struggling to maintain their tenancy.
- Tenancy Agreements - Understanding your rights and responsibilities as a tenant
- Gas/Electricity issues - Different types of meters and the pros and cons of each.
- How to read your meter & understand your bills.
- Managing Money - How to deal with household bills, including different payment methods.
- Different types of bank accounts - choosing the right one for you.
- Maintaining your tenancy - Practical tips for settling in and reducing isolation.
The workshop is delivered by Lianne McCreadie, Lianne is the Tenancy Sustainment Worker at The Marie Trust's Life Skills Project and provides one-to-one advocacy; delivers courses on specific issues which may affect individuals who are homeless, at risk of homelessness or struggling to maintain their tenancy.
The next session
This course is specifically for individuals who have experienced barriers to accessing mainstream learning opportunities as a result of experiencing homelessness, ex-offending, mental health or addiction issues.