Counselling: SCQF Level 5
What will this course cover?
The course will be tailored to new learners, where no prior knowledge of counselling is needed and will introduce candidates to the purpose, basic concepts and processes of counselling, including reflective practices.
- Investigate the aims and purpose of counselling
- Describe the counselling process
- Participate in a role-play activity to counsel a client
- Reflect on own counselling skills
What will I get out of this course?
As part of the course students will:
- Be enrolled as Students of Glasgow Kelvin College & receive a student card.
- Have access to college facilities
- Receive on-going support to progress to further study
- Receive travel expenses for their attendance to the course
This course offers students a pathway to progress to a higher level qualification and enter other accredited and non-accredited courses delivered by The Marie Trust.
It is particularly useful for those who wish to develop their confidence and skills and take the first step into education.
Who is this course for?
This course is specifically for individuals who have experienced barriers to accessing mainstream learning opportunities as a result of experiencing homelessness, ex-offending, mental health or addiction issues.