Budgeting Information Session
This workshop is designed to improve individuals skills and knowledge of budgeting for individuals who are on a low income.
This course is aimed at:
- Individuals new to their tenancy.
- Individuals waiting to be housed.
- Individuals struggling to maintain their tenancy.
- What is budgeting?
- Why budget?
- Personal Budgeting - learning how to do this.
- Increasing income & reducing expenditure by exploring money saving tips such as how to reduce your energy bills, food shopping, finding the best deals!
- Saving & borrowing - what services are out there to help you and how to choose what is best for you.
The workshop is delivered by Lianne McCreadie, Lianne is the Tenancy Sustainment Worker at The Marie Trust's Life Skills Project and provides one-to-one advocacy; delivers courses on specific issues which may affect individuals who are homeless, at risk of homelessness or struggling to maintain their tenancy.
The next session
This course is specifically for individuals who have experienced barriers to accessing mainstream learning opportunities as a result of experiencing homelessness, ex-offending, mental health or addiction.